As the days start to cool and the leaves begin to turn, fall is a great time of year to take advantage of essential oils. Essential oils are known for their calming, and healing properties, and can be used in a variety of ways to help you stay balanced throughout the season. From boosting the mood to promoting clear breathing, there are many benefits that come with using essential oils. In this article, we’ll discuss what types of essential oils are best for fall, how to use them, and why they’re so beneficial during this time of year.
Benefits of Using Essential Oils
Using essential oils can be incredibly beneficial to your health and well-being year-round. Here are some of the key benefits that using essential oils can provide:
- Eases a worried mind
- Promotes clear breathing
- Soothes sore muscles
- Promotes restful sleep
- Wards off bacteria
- Freshens your environment
- Supports healthy skin and scalp
- Aids in focus and concentration
Top Essential Oils for Fall
Whether you’re looking to bring the aromas of fall into your home or to improve your mood in the colder months, there are numerous essential oils you can experiment with. Below are some of our favorites for the fall season:
Ways to Use Essential Oils in the Fall
Now that you know some of the best essential oil varieties for fall, you can start incorporating them into your daily routine. Below are a few ways you can use them this autumn:
- Diffuse: Mix and match the 2-3 of the essential oils listed above by adding 2 drops each to your diffuser with water as directed. Turn it on in a well-ventilated area to enliven your environment and your senses. Be sure not to diffuse around pregnant women, kids, and pets.
- Apply: Combine any of the essential oils listed above with a carrier oil (generally 2-3 drops of essential oil per 2 teaspoons of jojoba or argan oil), and apply the mixture to your face and body for vibrant skin, or to your hair and scalp as a conditioning treatment.
- Inhale: Breathe in essential oils directly from the bottle or an essential oil inhaler throughout the day to find balance and enhance concentration and focus.
Check out this article for DIY autumn-inspired essential oil recipes: 5 Must-Try Fall Essential Oil DIYs.
This autumn, embrace the change of the season by mixing up your beauty and wellness regimen to include essential oils. From cedarwood to cinnamon, there are numerous essential oils you can use to improve your mood, support your skin, freshen your environment, and promote clear breathing. Interested in learning more about essential oils? Take a look at this article: Essential Oil Buyer’s Guide: How to Select High-Quality Products.