As the school year approaches, it can be a stressful time for students, teachers, and parents. Essential oils can provide a natural solution to the stress, anxiety, and lack of focus that often accompanies this time of year. In this article, we’ll explore the various benefits of essential oils and look at the best oils to use for back-to-school. We’ll also provide tips on how to safely and responsibly use these oils so they can be used to their fullest potential.
Understanding the Benefits of Essential Oils
Essential oils have been used for centuries to promote physical and emotional well-being. They can be used in various ways, including diffusing or topical application. Essential oils are known to have therapeutic properties and can help reduce stress, improve sleep quality, and even boost concentration. The wide variety of essential oils available each has its own unique scent and use.
Using Essential Oils Safely and Responsibly
Before you begin essential oils, it’s important to take safety into consideration. There are a few steps you should take to ensure that the use of essential oils is safe for both adults and children.
- Always consult a qualified aromatherapist or physician before using any essential oil.
- Understand the safety of each individual oil and its effects on pregnant women, children, and animals before using them. Many essential oils should not be used around children with allergies or asthma. Be sure to consult your doctor first.
- When diffusing essential oils in an enclosed space such as a classroom, it’s important to make sure that the room is adequately ventilated and that you do not leave the diffuser on for prolonged periods of time. You should also get consent before you begin diffusing essential oils from those who are in the room.
- When applying essential oils topically be sure to always use a carrier oil and conduct a patch test before applying it everywhere.
- Always store all essential oils away from children and pets in a secure place where they can’t access them or come into contact with them accidentally. Essential oils are highly concentrated substances that can cause serious injury if accidentally ingested or applied undiluted directly onto the skin.
- Never substitute an essential oil for medical care – unless specifically instructed by your healthcare provider – as they are not intended for diagnosing or treating health conditions.
By following these safety guidelines when using essential oils during the back-to-school season you can ensure that everyone stays safe while reaping the benefits of these natural remedies.
Top Essential Oils for Back to School
Essential oils are an excellent way to improve focus and concentration and relieve stress and anxiety. Highly sought after for their calming and uplifting properties, these natural extracts can have a profound effect on the mind and body. Below are some of the best essential oils to use during the school year:
- Lavender Essential Oil:Lavender essential oil is made by steam distilling the flowers of the lavender plant. It has a sweet, floral scent and is often used to calm the mind and improve sleep quality, as well as increase focus and concentration levels.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: The refreshing scent of peppermint essential oil aids in stimulating energy levels. One of the main components in this oil is menthol, which provides a cooling sensation that can be uplifting on the body and mind. Peppermint essential oil can also help fend off feelings of nausea or uneasiness.
- Lemon Essential Oil: Made by cold-pressing peels of the lemon fruit, lemon essential oil has a light, refreshing citrusy scent that can help uplift your energy levels and clear mental fog.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Rosemary essential oil is another powerful essential oil that can assist with attentiveness and mental acuity during the school day. Its distinct earthy scent has energizing properties that aid in staying concentrated on tasks and important projects.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: Extracted from the flowers of the Cananga odorata tree, ylang ylangis native to tropical regions of Southeast Asia and has a lovely floral scent. Its main components include linalool, geranyl acetate, caryophyllene, and cinnamaldehyde, which work together to create feelings of well-being, while boosting energy levels.
To further improve focus, concentration, and relaxation, it's wise to incorporate activities such as yoga or meditation into your daily routine. Yoga helps relax the body by focusing on slow breathing techniques with stretching exercises aiding coordination and balance as well as reducing tension throughout the body – both great tools in helping stay focused in difficult situations. Meditation also reduces stress levels allowing our minds to be more alert when tackling tasks at hand. Taking time each day for self-care practices like these can make all the difference in helping you stay concentrated throughout the school year.
Whether you’re a student, parent, or teacher, essential oils can be an effective way to promote concentration and relieve stress throughout the school season. However, it’s extremely important you follow the safety considerations outlined in this article to ensure proper and effective use. To learn more about how to use essential oils this fall, check out this article: How to Make Your Own DIY Handmade Cleanser with Essential Oils.