Summer is the perfect time to make the most of aromatherapy and its many benefits. With essential oil diffusers, you can create a pleasant atmosphere in your home by blending uplifting and calming essential oils that will help you feel energized or relaxed, depending on your needs. In this article, we’ll explore the advantages of diffusing essential oil diffusers and provide some easy-to-follow recipes for diffuser blends that are ideal for warmer weather. From energizing citrus-based blends to calming floral and herbal mixes, we’ll show you how to make the most of essential oil diffusers during these longer days.
Benefits of Diffusing Essential Oils
Not only limited to the summer months, essential oils can be diffused all year long and provide many benefits for the mind, body, and spirit. When essential oils are diffused the aroma is dispersed through a fine mist, which we can smell more easily. Your sense of smell is directly linked to your brain and impacts your bodily responses and memory. Consequently, you may notice when you smell certain essential oils you may feel more relaxed or energized. Here are a few of the benefits of diffusing essential oils:
- Promotes calm
- Boosts focus and concentration
- Can provide a cooling sensation
- Supports clearer airways
- Reduces odors
- Refreshes your home
- Creates a peaceful environment
- Repels bugs, like mosquitoes
Top Summer Essential Oil Diffuser Blends
Now that you understand how essential oils can benefit your lifestyle, it’s time for the fun part: creating your own essential oil diffuser blends. You can diffuse essential oils at home, outside on the patio, or even in your workspace using an ultrasonic diffuser. Try the recipes below or experiment by mixing and matching your favorite scents. If you’re new to essential oils, it’s best to stick to a recipe or consult your aromatherapist, as some essential oils can be irritating in large quantities. Additionally, be sure to take these safety precautions into consideration before you diffuse essential oils:
- Be sure you are in a well-ventilated room and that you don’t leave the diffuser on for a prolonged period of time.
- Do not diffuse essential oils around kids and pets, as they can be more sensitive to essential oil aromas and experience adverse reactions.
- Remember to always add water to your essential oil diffuser (as directed).
- To learn more about essential oil safety, look at this article.
Lemonade Stand Diffuser Blend
Scents of citrus and floral notes come together in this nostalgic blend that feels as refreshing as a cold glass of lemonade on a hot day. Here lemon, grapefruit, spearmint, and ylang ylang essential oil energize the body, calm the mind, and leave your space smelling fresh.
- 3 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 drop of grapefruit essential oil
- 2 drops of ylang ylang essential oil
- 1 drop of spearmint essential oil
Poolside Diffuser Blend
Ideal for lazy days spent lounging by the pool, this diffuser blend combines lemongrass, eucalyptus, and lavender essential oils to promote calm, while also repelling bugs.
- 2 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
Sweet Summer Diffuser Blend
Sweet floral and citrus scents combine for this lovely uplifting and soothing blend that will be sure to bring a smile to your face even on a rainy day.
- 3 drops of palmarosa essential oil
- 2 drops of geranium essential oil
- 2 drops of orange essential oil
- 1 drop of patchouli essential oil
See Ya Bugs Diffuser Blend
Don’t let mosquitoes and flies ruin your summer outdoor plans, diffuse this powerful (yet all-natural) essential oil blend out on balconies, porches, backyards, and patios to keep the bugs away at home and on vacation.
- 5 drops of citronella essential oil
- 3 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil
Coastal Breeze Diffuser Blend
This blend of frankincense, bergamot, cedarwood, and basil essential oils, evokes the relaxing and grounding feeling of a warm coastal breeze to help all of your worries melt away.
- 3 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 1 drop of basil essential oil
We hope you enjoy diffusing these blends over the coming months and creating your own signature recipes. For more ideas on how you can use essential oils this summer, take a look at this article: Essential Oil Blend: Recipe for Sunburn.