Body Oil is one of the easiest and most healing DIY products you can make this winter to help soothe and relieve winter dry skin. Everyone can agree that Body Oil for dry skin in winter can make our skin feel almost instantly rejuvenated and deeply nourished. Our skin loves oil, and the molecules that are in oils, like Argan, Jojoba, Baobab and Marula actually support our skin’s natural ability to regenerate and feel protected. Body Oil can be used all over to hydrate and moisturize, as well as in a full body massage oil for winter.
Read below for our DIY Body Oil recipe that features a beautiful combination of our favorite skin oils and is scented with our organic essential oils that can also offer healing benefits.
Makes 250 gram bottles for a total of 100 grams, or 2 (2 oz) bottles.
What you’ll need:
- Small digital scale
- Measuring cups and spoons, or glass beakers
- Stirrers, either metal or glass
- Small whisk
- 2 clean glass bottles with a pump
- Blank Labels
- Parchment Paper
- Paper towel
- 23 grams (approximately 5 tsp) of Marula Oil
- 25 grams (approximately 5 tsp) of Argan Oil
- 25 grams (approximately 5 tsp) of Baobab Oil
- 25 grams (approximately 5 tsp) of Jojoba Oil
- 1 gram (approximately 20 drops) of Vitamin E Oil
- 7 drops of Lavender Oil
- 7 drops of Sweet Orange Oil
- 3 drops of Ylang Ylang Oil
- 3 drops of Frankincense Oil
- Before starting to make the recipe make sure the area where you will be blending is very clean. That means wiping down counter spaces with rubbing alcohol and putting away any food items and extra clutter. Once your counter space, or table top is clean, line the area with some parchment paper, pull your hair back and thoroughly wash your hands.
- Set out your digital scale and all other blending tools so they are easy to grab when needed.
- Bring out all of your ingredients so they are accessible.
- Using your small digital scale, and measuring spoons, start measuring out each ingredient separately into their own beaker or measuring cup, until you have every ingredient laid out in front of you.
- Pour all ingredients into one of your empty beakers or glass measuring cups, and stir thoroughly using your small mini whisk, or other mixing tool.
- Once everything is well combined, carefully pour the mixture into your empty glass bottles and cap with the pump closure.
- Make up a name for your body oil, and write the name and the ingredients on the label and attach them to bottles.
- Use as often as needed!
Why does our skin love oil so much?
Our skin drinks up the unique molecules found in plant oils because many of the same molecules that are found in plant oils are similar to the natural oils our own human skin naturally produces. Our skin produces oil for a variety of reasons, but probably the most important reason is to help keep the skin protected and fortified against environmental stressors, like UV rays, pathogens and bumps and bruises. When lipid rich fatty oils from plants, like Argan, Marula, Jojoba and Baobab are applied to the skin, our skin immediately recognizes them and draws them into the deeper layers of our skin so that the trace minerals, vitamins and fatty acids can support the skin’s cell regenerating activity. This means that applying body oil everyday can have a dramatic effect on the health and appearance of our skin.
What are the aromatherapeutic properties of the essential oils we are using?
We chose Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense and Sweet Orange essential oils for this recipe because they all offer similar aromatherapeutic benefits like soothing and relieving the feeling of skin dryness and puffiness, calming itchiness and irritation and helping the skin look smoother and more even,
Plus! This recipe makes a great holiday gift! Please share with us how you’ve enjoyed making this recipe.
Great combo of EO I added to coconut oil and olive oil I had infused with calendula flowers from my garden. I will enjoy my new oil each evening during my ritual foot rub 😄. Thanks